Sunday 13 December 2015

Book Shelf Makeover...Sort of...



Okay, I'll admit it. I've been very bad with organising my room lately. Ever since I moved out for University, coming home, I've just been using what I need and leaving it lying wherever I am at that time...

And unfortunately, that included my books as well.

With the new year coming up-I decided that it is time for a change. For a new year, a new me was needed...Well, at least me with a better organised bookshelf. 

N.B. Keep in mind that it isn't perfect/finished, but this is just to show my progress so far!

Before: 

As I said, I'd gotten into a bad habit of just leaving my books at my backside essentially. 



My desk, covered in books. 


Boxes filled with books.



Shame in a picture.


Even more shame in a picture. 

After:

To start the process, I moved my desk to the other side of my room, and put my two bookshelves in the corner together. 

Keep in mind my bookshelves touch the floor, so there are a lot more books than you can see in this photo. 



To each set of shelves, I added little personal nik-naks. On this one I have a teddy bear I got the day I was born, a plushie of Nyanko-Sensei from Natsume's Book of Friends, a TARDIS and a Harry Potter Box Set. 


This shelf has a Frozen mug I was given for my birthday (and the remains of a Lush Massage Bar,) fairy lights, a panda teddy, a large dalek and my personal favourite, my Jurassic Park boxset.


The side of the shelf is where I decided to stick my pass from the Fault in Our Stars movie screening, concert tickets and an All Time Low poster. 

So that's it for this little update!

As it was book related I thought I would share it with you all!

QOTD: How do you organise your  books? 

Links:

Goodreads: sunstormsandthunderclouds
Twitter: @conniedalt
Instagram: @conniedalt
Bloglovin': see sidebar!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love your bookshelf, especially all those personal nik-naks. I don't have a lot of space on my bookshelf, so it's pretty much a disaster. I try to organize them by heigh (so that I can stack books on top of them to save space), but I'm looking into getting another bookshelf, hopefully soon! :)
    Great post, and amazing bookshelf! I'm jealous!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good before and after! I personally have no more shelf space so I have accumulated a stack of books on the floor lol!

    ReplyDelete